MassHealth Member Engagement Initiatives & Health Equity Incentives
The Executive Office of Health and Human Services (EOHHS) is committed to working with our members and other stakeholders to understand their experiences with the MassHealth program and address inequities and eliminate disparities in health and healthcare.
EOHHS is issuing this Request for Information (RFI) to solicit information regarding health equity and social risk factor data collection and the identification, prioritization, and reduction of disparities in health and health care, and related accountability. MassHealth may use responses it receives to this RFI to inform its continued efforts to reduce health inequities among its members.
EOHHS seeks comments from all interested parties, including but not limited to organizations or individuals with experience identifying and addressing health and health care disparities, health plans (including those contracted with MassHealth), other payers of health care, Community Partners, MassHealth members, and providers. Please feel free to respond to only those questions on which you would like to provide input. Please submit your response, according to the instructions provided in Section 5, no later than December 17, 2021. EOHHS encourages you to respond and thanks you in advance for your participation.
Member engagement is a key part of achieving MassHealth’s goals and a core value of the agency in implementing programs and policies.
Such opportunities include, for example:
• Ongoing, program-specific councils such as: the Delivery System Reform Implementation Advisory Council (DSRIC), the One Care Implementation Council, and the Senior Care Options (SCO) Advisory Committee (SCO-AC),
• The Massachusetts Health Care Training Forums (MTFs) targeting assistor and provider groups,
• Open public meetings or Requests for Information (RFIs – requests for written feedback on particular questions or policies),
• Member experience surveys in topic areas of primary care, behavioral health, and Long-Term Services and Supports,
• MassHealth staff attendance at meetings hosted by different communities or groups.
MassHealth is now seeking input from members, advocates, or other stakeholders on whether and how MassHealth could strengthen engagement more specifically with members, on topics that are important to them related to their experience with MassHealth and their health care. MassHealth is also interested in hearing from members who identify as part of communities who are impacted by health or health care disparities.
We strive to provide the community with information about the latest News, Updates and Events.
Stay up to date, head over to CLW’s Events Page!