PCA Vaccine Requirement Letters & Attestation Forms
September 1st, 2021, the Baker-Polito Administration announced a vaccine requirement for all rest homes, assisted living residences (ALRs), hospice programs, and to home care agency workers providing in-home, direct care services under a state contract or state program as part of a continued effort to protect older adults and more vulnerable populations against COVID-19.
On September 8, 2021, the Massachusetts Department of Public Health promulgated 105 CMR 159.000, COVID-19 Vaccinations for Certain Staff Providing Home Care Services in Massachusetts, a new regulation that requires certain home care workers to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
As a result, all PCAs working in the MassHealth PCA Program are required to complete the full regimen of COVID-19 vaccine doses by October 31, 2021
except for those PCAs who qualify for a limited exemption because:
- The vaccine is medically contraindicated, meaning that administration of a COVID-19 vaccine to that individual would likely be detrimental to the individual’s health, and the individual can provide documentation demonstrating their need for this exemption, and the individual is able to perform their essential job functions with a reasonable accommodation that is not an undue burden on the consumer employer, to avoid risk of contracting/transmitting COVID-19 on the job; or
- The individual objects to vaccination on the basis of a sincerely held religious belief and the individual is able to perform their essential job functions with a reasonable accommodation that is not an undue burden on the consumer-employer, to avoid risk of contracting/transmitting COVID-19 on the job.
For your convenience, we have attached the forms in both Spanish and English to this communication.
- PCA Vaccine Requirement Letter PCA September 2021
- PCA Vaccine Attestation Form September 2021
- PCA Vaccine Requirement Letter PCA_9-16-21_ES (002)
- PCA Vaccine Attestation Form_9-16-21_ES
These forms can also be found on our website:
Personal Care Management – Center for Living & Working (centerlw.org)