Online Web Resources :
Americans with Disabilities Act
- Institute on Independent Living – The Independent Living Institute is a policy development center specializing in consumer-driven policies for disabled peoples’ self-determination, self-respect and dignity.
- Massachusetts Statewide Independent Living Council – The Massachusetts Statewide Independent Living Council (MASILC) is a Governor appointed Council. Members include persons who are knowledgeable about centers for independent living and the services they provide.
- National Council of Independent Living – NCIL advances independent living and the rights of people with disabilities through consumer-driven advocacy. NCIL envisions a world in which people with disabilities are valued equally and participate fully.
Massachusetts State Resources
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts – The Official Website of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Mass Match – Massachusetts’s Initiative to Maximize Assistive Technology (AT) in Consumer’s hands.
- MRC -Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission. MRC promotes dignity for individuals with disabilities through employment and independent living in the community.
- Massachusetts Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing -The Mission of MCDHH is to provide accessible communication, education and advocacy to consumers and private and public entities so that programs, services and opportunities throughout Massachusetts are fully accessible to persons who are Deaf and hard of hearing.
- Massachusetts Commission of the Blind – Massachusetts Commission for the Blind (MCB) web site. This agency provides a broad array of social and rehabilitative services to all legally blind residents of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Mass. Office on Disability– Massachusetts Office on Disability
- Disabled Persons Protection Commission – The Disabled Persons Protection Commission (DPPC) is an independent state agency whose purpose is to investigate and re-mediate cases of abuse of the Commonwealth’s most vulnerable citizens.
- MA Legislature is a directory of the current members of the MA Legislature.
- Where Do I Vote has voting information including polling places and elected officials.
- Home Modification Loan Program Massachusetts’ Home Modification Loan Program provides no- and low-interest loans to modify the homes of adults and children with disabilities and older adults. Learn about eligibility and how to apply.
- Worcester Green and Healthy Homes Coalition. The Worcester Green and Healthy Homes Coalition (WGHHC) is a joint effort of public and private agencies, grassroots organizations, and concerned citizens committed to eliminating home health hazards, promote energy efficiency and improve health and quality of life in Worcester.
Stavros Fiscal Intermediary
- Stavros Advocates for Independent Living
- Disability Information and Resource – disABILITY Information and Resources.
- Easter Seals – Easter Seals provides services to ensure that children and adults with disabilities have equal opportunities to live, learn, work and play.
- HUD – US Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Legal Assistance Corporation of Massachusetts – LACCM is the state-funded civil legal aid program for Central Massachusetts.
- MAEDP – Verizon Specialized Telephone Equipment Distribution Program
- Massachusetts Coalition for the Homeless – The Massachusetts Coalition for the Homeless (MCH) works to address the broad economic and social issues that lead to homelessness.
- Social Security Administration – The official website for the U.S. Social Security Administration
- Worcester County Sheriff – Worcester County Sheriff website
- Work Inc.– All individuals have the ability to grow, the right to make choices and to participate in community life. It is the mission of WORK Inc. to join with others in creating the conditions under which all persons with disabilities will experience.
- USA.Gov.-Find and Compare Health Care Facilities in Your Community.