Date(s) - 12/03/2021
4:30 pm - 9:00 pm
FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS RETURNS TO WORCESTER COMMON!
Annual Festivities take place Friday, December 3, 2021 4:30-9 p.m.
“For this year’s Festival of Lights, we decided to create a visual representation of Worcester’s diverse community,” said Grace Elton, Executive Director of Tower Hill Botanic Garden. “Each of the seven light sculptures will have a different color combination, representing flags from around the world. We hope to create a sense of inclusion and representation for the many countries and points of origin represented in Worcester.”
In addition to the lighting features, Festival of Lights will feature:
- Ice skating on the Worcester Common Oval
- Food vendors,
- A beer tent,
- Community organizations,
- A visit from Santa,
- Face painting, balloon animals and carriage rides!
There will also be live performances throughout the evening including:
– The Abby Kelly Foster Chorus,
– The Burncoat High School Quadrivium Chorus,
– South High School Chorus,
– AMPP Youth, and a dance troupe which will perform with fire and LED lighting, curated by Cirque De Light.
– Los Cantores De La Montaña will perform as the headline talent following the tree lighting.
The Festival of Lights will focus on public health and safety. The city will be providing free COVID-19 vaccinations available for all those ages 5 and up.
Area road closures will begin at 2 p.m. These streets include Franklin Street, Front Street, Church Street, and Main Street in front of City Hall.
We strive to provide the community with information about the latest News, Updates and Events.
Stay up to date, head over to CLW’s Events Page!