PCA Proposed Regulations – Public Hearing
130 CMR 422.000: Personal Care Services
Friday, June 24 at 10 a.m.
Lazare Research Building (New location!)
UMass Medical School University Campus
55 Lake Avenue North
- MassHealth has just proposed restricting overtime hours that PCAs can work. Here are some of the basic points around this:
- A cap on overtime usage is proposed to start September 1, with PCAs being limited to 40 hours/week work, though the state doesn’t anticipate full compliance will be feasible by then.
- An exemption policy will be established.
- PCA overtime is costing the state in the range of $1 million/week.
- 7,300 consumers used PCAs who work over 40 hours/week.
- Approximately 6,000 PCAs are collecting overtime pay.
- The budget for the PCA program is now $704 million, of which half is reimbursed by the federal government.
Need transportation to this hearing? Contact Mike Kennedy
ADA Access & Advocacy Coordinator
Center for Living & Working, Inc.
484 Main Street, Suite 345
Worcester, MA 01608
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK